B.Com. General Seats:180
- It is one of the oldest degrees offered by Colleges in India. Normally, it is a program that lasts 3 years. In the past, B. Com. used to be a general course, covering number of subjects, which were commonly related to commerce sector. Students had to select a combination of subjects that they had to then pursue. At present, the old B. Com. program is offered across Colleges in India. Along with it, newly introduced specialization programs are also being offered across many Indian Colleges.
- Talking about the core subjects of the program, one can say that B. Com. program usually focuses on subjects like-Accounts, Mathematics and Economics. Nowadays, as I mentioned above, new B. Com. programs and specialization courses are also being offered. Some of the new programs are- B. Com. in Computer Application, B. Com. in Information Technology, B. Com. in E Commerce etc.
- The 3 years long course is divided into 6 semesters. Let us analyze each semester and the core subjects that one has to face in each semester. I’m talking about the regular B. Com. program and not any specialization course. Let us start with the first semester-
Here’s an overview of the course –
- Name of the course: B.com (Bachelor of commerce)
- Type of course: Bachelor’s Degree
- Duration: 3 years
- Eligibility Criteria: Students who have passed 10+2 from any recognized board with English as a compulsory subject are eligible for admission in B.COM 1st. Commerce students of 10+2 should have minimum of 40% in aggregate, Non-commerce student should have minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.